Why should I use a company, when I can do this myself?
- We can save you the time, effort and stress of dealing with the complaint alone.
- We have been dealing with financial claims for years.
- We have the experience to pin point all the reasons for the mis-sale.
- We will work on your behalf until you receive a suitable offer of compensation.
- We will endeavour to make sure that the company you’re claiming against follows the guidelines and time limits within the industry.
How much will this service cost me?
We operate on a No Win No Fee basis*. We only take a fee when a claim is won. The fee we charge is 12.5% + VAT of any compensation awarded.
Will a claim affect my relationship with my provider?
No, The FCA (Financial Conduct Authority -formerly the Financial Services Authority) does not allow any company to disadvantage a customer because they’ve made a complaint.
What information do I need to provide?
All we need from you are the key details of the provider.
Once we initiate your complaint we can obtain any further information we may need to build the strongest case to maximise your compensation.
How long will a claim take?
As each claim is treated on an individual basis this can vary greatly. Our claims handlers should be able to guide you more when they have had chance to look at your case. However, most cases will take at least six months.
When can’t you help me with my enquiry?
- If you took out a pension years ago and the company has paid you compensation, as an internal or regulatory investigation highlighted issues with the sale: Often people contact us to see if the compensation paid was fair or if they could get more. As the companies contacted you and offered compensation we believe they did everything to comply with regulatory guidance – there is nothing more we can do.
- If you have already made a complaint yourself or used another firm to raise a complaint and are unhappy with outcome: A complaint can only be raised once, and unfortunately once all avenues have been exhausted there is nothing else we can do. The company should have issued a final response and given you the rights to take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Services (FOS) if you were not happy with the outcome. Time limitation rules apply.
- If you have already made a complaint and the Financial or Pension Ombudsman has rejected it: If you are unhappy with the Ombudsman’s decision you can ask for a judicial review. This requires lawyers and involves huge costs.
- If you have already made a claim for compensation with the FSCS yourself or using the services of another firm: If the compensation received was £50,000 we can’t be of further assistance. (If the compensation received was less please get in touch, as there may be something we can do to help.)
Anything else I need to know?
It is your right, and we strongly advise you, to seek further advice and shop around before entering into a contract with ACL Consultancy Ltd. Once you’ve returned our documentation you will be bound by our Terms and Conditions.